We just had to come out and show our support for our new local business and enjoy their most famous drink treat.....a Slurpee!
THUMBS UP FOR THE YUMMY!!!
1. Does the awareness that I am a child of God and bear the seal of this reality on my soul, permeate my day? Do I behave like His good, faithful son or daughter? Is there anything in particular that satisfies or displeases God, my Father? Have I tried to do God's will in my various activities today? Have I performed them with this intention?
2. Have I tried hard, sincerely, and fervently, to fulfill my spiritual commitments well (i.e prayer time, reading scripture)
3. Have I fulfilled the duties in my state in life (as a son, daughter, parent, spouse, etc...) honestly and responsibly in the spirit of service? Have I sought God's glory and the good of others more than my own personal interests?
4. Have I lived out Christian charity in thoughts, words, attitudes, and actions? In other words, have I done good to others by helping to make them happy, especially those closest to me- being patient, not talking badly of them or holding grudges, forgiving, and helping out as much as I could whenever I had the opportunity?
5. How well have I carried out my mission as an apostle? Did I take the necessary steps and seize opportunities to win souls for Christ? Do I have clear apostolic goals and have I striven to meet them? Was I generous in giving my time and resources to further Christ's interests?
6. What omissions was I guilty of today? (the failure to do something I know that I should and ought to do)
7. Have I taken care to form a sensitive conscience (we cannot always trust our conscience if it is not well formed- we see plenty of people doing things that they feel are perfectly fine but we know, are not. In our humanness, we can justify many actions)
8. Do I know what my root defect is? (i.e Lack of devotion, pride, self-love, vanity, laziness, faultfinding, envy, gluttony, lack of charity, frivolity and superficiality, sensuality, neglectfulness, irresponsibility in my work, individualism, indifference to the common good....)
What have I done today to improve?
9. What was the most positive thing in my day?
10. What was the most negative thing in my day?